THE CORE ZONE PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Registered Office:The Core Zone, Burgess Farm, Old Stone Barn, Burgess Farm, Farthinghoe Road, Middleton Cheney Banbury OX17 2NE
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY, THANK YOU
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to maintaining it. We only collect, store and process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2011.
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it secure and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
We will hold and transmit your information in a safe, confidential and secure environment using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted forms, and 3D secure payment procedures. All personal information is handled confidentially. When becoming a new customer or purchasing goods on line we record your Internet IP address for reference to track any fraudulent payment transactions.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY
When signing-up to classes or therapies at The Core Zone or contact us via our website, we will ask you to input, and will collect, Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, medical conditions, and payment details. We do not store credit/card information. We will ask you to share financial information with trusted third parties who will process payment for your order. We may also collect, and our third party providers may collect, information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, any search terms that you entered on our website (“User Information”). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract– your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to provide tailored lesson plans.
- Consent– where you agree to us using your information in this way.
- Legitimate Interests– this means the interests of The Core Zone in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain approved Third Party’s such as independent Therapists.
- Legal Obligation– where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes. Detailed below are the various ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner’s Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Set up your Core Zone Record; legitimate interests
- Creating Lesson Plans; fulfilling a contract
- Credit/card information; Consent (we do not store or share financial information with third parties. The Core Zone works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments).
Telephone payments; Consent. (we work with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take manage payments. Credit/card details are stored, processed and/or transmitted securely and are shredded immediately on authorisation).
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you; Legal obligation/ Legitimate interests (depending on nature of services)
- To serve website content and advertisements to you; legitimate interests
- To administer our website; legitimate interests
- To detect, investigate and report financial crime (e.g. Fraud); legal obligation; legitimate interests
- Maintaining network and data security; legitimate interests
- Marketing communications to inform you of special offers, promotions, new lines and Sales. Provide you with online advertising; legitimate interests.
If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
When registering for classes, therapies or special events you will be given the option to receive information from us by e-mail, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line, by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning us on 01295 710804.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH AND WHY
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so. In these circumstances, The Core Zone requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place. We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside of The Core Zone for mailing or marketing purposes.
When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you provide your name, email address and postal address. If you win, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email. When you enter a contest or prize draw, you are also included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the Website. You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
The Core Zone works with a small number of agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality services you expect from us such as independent therapists or service providers. The categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
The Core Zone works with partners who support our website and other business systems.
Independent Therapists or Instructors
To enable The Core Zone to offer new services, cover illness, holiday leave or at particularly busy periods we will, on occasion have to employ additional trusted instructors or therapists.
The Core Zone works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website:look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes:you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Core Zone, Burgess Farm, Old Stone Barn, Burgess Farm, Fathinghoe Road, Middleton Cheney Banbury OX17 2NE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings by visiting https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Data Protection Officer The Core Zone, Burgess Farm, Old Stone Barn, Burgess Farm, Farthinghoe Road, Middleton Cheney Banbury OX17 2NE or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.