What is Hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing is about helping to achieve a positive and empowering labour and birth experience, regardless of what form that takes. Rachel of Blissful Birthing aims to help you achieve just that.
Rachel started her Midwifery training in 2011 and as a Midwife she has seen how hypnobirthing can have a positive impact on a woman’s pregnancy and birth experience. So, when an opportunity came along for her to complete the Royal College of Midwives approved KGHypnobirthing teacher training course, she had to do it! Acquiring that qualification, enabled her to realise her dream of running holistic antenatal classes… and so Blissful Birthing was born!
Rachel teaches “Katherine Graves Hypnobirthing” (KGH) which is a complete antenatal education programme designed for those having babies in the UK care system.
People can often be sceptical of the ‘hypno’ part of this, but Rachel promises that if you arrive sceptical, you’ll completely change your mind once you’ve completed the first session! It’s entirely logical, simple and very effective.
The benefits of hypnobirthing are likely to include:
- A shorter and more comfortable labour
- Less chance of experiencing medical intervention
- A swifter bounce back for the mother after birth
- Your partner feeling more confidence in their important role.
What to expect
Usually a Blissful Birthing programme is scheduled over two alternate Saturdays, covering 8-10 hours of content including:
- Practical techniques to help you achieve a positive experience such as breathing, relaxations and visualisations.
- Releasing any fear you may have around labour and birth.
- Information on the physiology of birth and how the mind and body are connected in this.
- How to work with your caregivers to have the best experience for you and your needs.
In addition you’ll also receive:
- A copy of the KGH book, MP3 download and all the resources to help you practice what you have learnt
- A goody bag of samples provided by a mix of local and larger businesses
- Ongoing support from Rachel if you need it after the course is complete
- Lunch and refreshments on both days.
Scheduled Classes 2022
Price per couple £200. Classes are hosted Sundays at The Core Zone, Stone Barn, Burgess Farm, Middleton Cheney
March 13th and 27th
May 8th and 22nd
July 10th and 24th
September 4th and 18th
November 13th and 27th
Rachel Vere-White DipHB(KGH)
Rachel started her midwifery training in 2011 and as a practising midwife she witnessed the positive impact hypnobirthing had on pregnancy and the birthing experience.
2 day programme costs £200 per couple.